Monday, March 3, 2008

Reading 3.2-3.3

Wow. That was sweet. I'm not sure that I have any questions past what has already been written about on the cmfd planet.

I'm just in awe about vorticity. My favorite thing was vortex rings when I was studying dynamical systems: I thought that I could narrow down their creation to be dependent on a few parameters of the vortex ring generator and then discuss their stability with regard to that parameter space. We couldn't. It was hard.

However, I never quite thought about how the vorticity was closing up on itself in a loop, rather than one long thread. If that had been one long thread, where would it have stopped? I don't know what I would have said to that question had I asked it then, but seeing the true result proved in the reading here was awesome.

Also, that shear waves exist but just are too silly to be seen was pretty neat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment